In today’s episode, we had the privilege of interviewing Dr. Elana Roumell. Dr. Elana Roumell is an expert in pediatric integrative medicine. She is the founder of Med School for Moms, where we teach moms how to be a Doctor Mom. Last year alone, 47 million antibiotics were unnecessarily prescribed to kids mostly to comfort worried mothers. Her mission is to EMPOWER moms to feel CALM, COMPETENT and CONFIDENT when their child gets sick, so they can safely be a DOCTOR MOM!
She is also the founder of Nourish Medical Center, in San Diego, CA where she sees kids and mamas one to one. As well as co-hosts the popular Whole 30 partnered Whole Mamas Podcast where you can find her weekly episodes geared to empowering mamas and mamas to be.
To learn more, follow her on Instagram @DrElanaRoumell where she shares her journey as a mother and doctor, from her kitchen to her medical office!
In this episode we cover:
- How Dr Elana helps parents navigate vaccines
- What genetic testing of functional lab test should be considered to prevent vaccine injury
- Dr Elana’s favorite remedies & supplements and how moms can navigate this
- Vitamin D for kids
- How to help moms understand what is safe to use with their kids
- What kind of relationship you need with your pediatrician and when to go find a new one
Resources from the episode:
– Med School for Moms FREE Courses and Guide to her Doctor Mom’s Five Favorite Remedies at www.MedSchoolforMoms.com (watch for Med School for Moms to be live July 30th and use code: ZestyGinger for 15% off)
– Pedanp.com – for pediatric naturopathic doctors
Connect with Dr. Elana:
FB Group – Search Med School For Moms Group
website : www.MedSchoolforMoms.com
Connect with us:
Follow us on IG: @zesty_ginger
Find us on FB: facebook.com/zesty_ginger
Zestyginger.com to learn more about the 4 Phase Cycle Approach.
Zestyginger.com/pms-webinar to join our PMS Webinar on May 22nd.